Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Yummy Salsa!

Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone!! This post is short and yummy. My bean salsa recipe. If you have been as lucky as us with your garden, you should have TONS of tomatoes. I have found that Roma's don't work well with this recipe. Here is a pic of one of the goodies we grew:
That is Jerry's arm next to it for comparison. And it was delish. There are no cucumbers in the salsa, I just had to share the picture. lol

Ingredients:
1 16oz can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 1/4 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
1 15oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
1 15oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
2-3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup lime juice (I tried Rose's Lime and it didn't end well)
2 tbsp. minced cilantro (but I make mine without)
1 tsp. salt
3 garlic cloves, pressed (optional, but everything is better with garlic!)
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine it all, toss to coat, put in fridge, wait 30 minutes and chow down! And not that I have ever done this before - and definitely not yesterday - but don't forget the chips! It just doesn't taste the same on crackers meant for my delish spinach dip.

Finished product:
Enjoy!

Please leave a comment and let me know how you like it if you decide to make it and have a safe holiday weekend!

Peace - Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment